This workshop is for supervisors and team leaders and ideal for in-tact work teams.
Building an effective team requires knowledge of what makes teams work and the teamwork and communication skills along with the leadership skills to deal create conditions for teams to be high performing.
This results in a team that achieves results and is personally satisfying to team members.
You will learn to focus on collective outcomes by setting priorities, confront difficult issues to enhance accountability, force clarity and closure to obtain commitment, use conflict and diversity to create synergy and enhance openness to create trust – all in order to accomplish key organizational goals.
- Enhance awareness of personal values, style and personality preferences in order to increase your behavioral flexibility in working with different types of people:
- Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) self-assessment
- Thomas-Kilmann Conflict Styles self-assessment
- Understand the 5 dysfunctions of a team and how to improve leadership of your team:
- Focus on Results
- Overcome barriers to communication
- Learn vs Protect
- Ladder of Inference
- Hot Buttons
- Enhance ability to communicate with a wide range of people:
- Develop rapport
- Listening and open questions
- Making your point succinctly
- Making clean, clear requests for action
- Team Building & Conflict Management (Leading People)
- Accountability, Decisiveness & Technical Credibility (Results Driven)
- Human Capital Management (Business Acumen)
- Leveraging Diversity & Developing Others (Leading People)
- Influencing/Negotiating & Interpersonal Skills (Building Coalitions)